Are you brave enough to play with us?
Click the link below to the see the PBFC-Hammerheads Video.
High School Soccer Players:
You probably spend a great deal of time all year training to improve your skills, fitness, and game play...So, what are you doing to prepare for college soccer admission?
DID YOU KNOW?
NCAA Rules require you to take specific CORE Courses to be eligible to play in college.
NCAA Rules require you to maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average.
NCAA Rules require you to take the SAT test and achieve a specific score to receive a scholarship.
Most colleges have a sliding admission scale...factoring in both SAT scores and high school GPA.
COLLEGE SOCCER... Things to Know.
1. Send a letter early (or right now) to the college coaches at schools you are considering attending.
2. In the letter include contact information, year of high school graduation, and playing awards/history.
4. Ask the coach to send you the school requirements for admission.
5. Ask the coach about their recruiting needs for your year of graduation and if scholarship is available.
6. You should watch the college team play, so you know their level of play, system, coaching methods.
7. Many high school recruits are unrealistic about their goals. Everyone can't play division 1 !!!
8. GET YOUR ACADEMICS IN ORDER NOW ! Coaches want responsible students that they don't have to follow around to get them to attend class and stay NCAA Eligible. YOU become a much better prospect for the college coach to support with admissions if you have a good academic record.